This Sunday....

.... was a crazy one with Princess #2 and Princess #3! Lets start off with the events that went on before they were off to church. Princess #3, a.k.a. Desire'e, had decided that she wanted to paint her nails, so she grabbed Princess #1, a.k.a. mommy, 's bright pink nail polish and opened it up in the middle of the beautifully white carpeted family room, just to spill all of it, making a lovely bright pink circle for them to enjoy looking at as they sit and watch t.v.! This was just the beginning. Before Princess #1 was off to choir practice a half an hour before church started, she made sure all of the princesses were looking good and ready so that the King didn't have to worry about anything, except getting them there. Well don't you worry, Princess #3 wanted the King to work a little harder so she decided to dump all of her mac-n-cheese onto her lovely outfit, even though there was a bib there to prevent her from doing so, so the King had to dress this Princess after all.

Well, so there they were, the three Princess's and the King, sitting enjoying a lovely reverent sacrament meeting when suddenly Princess #2 starts pulling some noisy toys from the church bag she apparently packed herself. Princess #1 and the King frivolously tried to quiet the dinging Mozart songs when suddenly out came a WHOOPIE CUSHION from the church bag!!! If you were sitting anywhere in the chapel you may have heard the peculiar sounds that came from this WHOOPIE COUSHION! Princess #1 was so embarrassed she wanted to crawl under the pew and die!

After church Princess #3 was back at it with emptying things out onto the family room floor. First it was the apple scented oil for reed sticks. Then it was the remains of life cereal that were in the box. Also while having desert she flicked ice cream onto the wall. There were a few more crazy things that went on, but now it is all just a blur.

The irony of it all is that while at church, Princess #1, was reminded that some day she is going to miss the messes and embarrassing moments these princesses will bring to her and the King. So all in all the three Princesses and the King will just laugh through such crazy days and enjoy it!

10 comments:

webster said...

tooo funny!

The Karrens said...

You got it right when you just have to laugh. It is easier said then done. Thanks for brightening my day with this story.

Diana Sims said...

I miss those days of little ones! Thank heavens I get to experience them secondhand by being a Grandma! But honestly, through the years, the memories just keep building because as the little ones become big, they still do the darndest things!! :)

Traylor Family said...

i didn't even hear the whoopie cushion.

Dan & Brooke said...

That's my girls! Love those Princesses...and Blake of course!

Karin said...

Its true you do just have to laugh sometimes. Although I do not always remember that in the moment. I would love to have been there for the whoppee cushion though, sounds like it was very funny for everyone involved, except you guys of course! It's always funnier when its someone elses kid.

Jen said...

Hey Chantelle: I switched my blog to a private blog and lost all of my friend blog addresses in the process. I am so glad that I found your blog again! I get such a kick out of your cute little girls.

I always feel like I have just finished some sort of wrestling match when I walk out of sacrament meeting. I think every mom is so busy trying to keep her own kids in line that we don't notice anyone else!

PS:I would be happy to send you an invite to our blog if you want. I just need your email address, so email me at jc.crazydays@gmail.com

Tammy said...

Laugh and laugh and keep laughing because it doesn't get much better as they get older. Imagine my embarrassment asking the carpet cleaning guy to try to remove purple nail polish from our family room carpet--2 years ago! My girls are too old for messes but they keep coming. Better than not having them around though. Love your story. Reminds me of some of my crazy embarrassing church moments.

Braden Bell said...

Good attitude for the Queen to have! That will make it a lot easier.

Jennifer said...

Your attitude is amazing and refreshing! We have a LOT of McKenzie stories that we love to reminisce about...trust me they are so worth it...the laughs you will get for years to come!!! Your wonderful attitude and patience will take you far, Chantelle! Congratulations on such a beautiful family!