The Treasure Within

This last week I had my first YW in Excellence. Ultimately I think I accomplished all that I wanted to, and I learned a lot in what to do next time. I have a picture of all of the group that was there but I refrained from posting it to respect the other girls privacy, I need to get permission from their parents first. The theme was the 'Treasure Within' so an awesome Sis. in the ward let me borrow her chocolate mold for treasure boxes (kind of a simple sweet blessing). This is what the picture is of. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you might be able to have a clearer view of them. Me and my presidency did a presentation where we read a script from different sister's in the scriptures that gave us examples of each value or treasure. Ex. "Mary's treasure was Virtue/Gold because all her life she strived to remain clean and pure and worthy of whatever the Lord wanted for her." As we read them we placed a gumball the color of the value into the box-- the moral is to 'fill your treasure box with treasures of value'.
After the short program we had refreshments which was a chocolate fountain, chips and salsa, and some punch. My Presidency was awesome in helping get everything together and helping it run smoothly. The girls did great as well with presenting each of their displays on the table and singing, "I am a Child of God." I am looking forward to getting to know all of them more as we work and play together.
I guess I should mention a couple weeks ago I had a change in callings, I am now the YW President. So far it has been busy, but fun.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Congratulations on your new calling! You'll be great! I remember when you came to my house and we did the chocolate molds as part of one of your Laurel projects. I sure enjoyed working with you!